The word “Islam” is an Arabic word that means submitting and surrendering your will to Almighty God. The religion of Islam is the acceptance of and obedience to the teachings of God, which He revealed to His last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
There are six articles to belief;
1. Belief in God.
2. Belief in the angels.
3. Belief in God’s revealed books.
4. Belief in the Prophets.
5. Belief in the Day of Judgment.
6. Belief in Al-Qadar (divine predestination).
1. Allah knows everything. He knows what has happened and what will happen.
2. Allah has recorded all that has happened and all that will happen.
3. Whatever Allah wills to happen, happens. And whatever He wills not to happen, doesn�t happen.
4. Allah is the creator of everything .
1. Knowledge which negates ignorance.
2. Certainty which negates doubt.
3. Sincerity and purity of intent which negates shirk (The sin of idolatry or associating partners, beings or things with Allah)
4. Truthfulness which negates hypocrisy.
5. Love and devotion which negates disdain of Allah’s Deen (religion).
6. Submission which negates disobedience.
7. Acceptance which negates rejection of denial.
There are five pillars in Islam;
1. Shahadah – Declaration of Faith.
2. Salat – The offering of prayers five times a day.
3. Zakat – The welfare due to giving money to provide for the poor.
4. Saum – Fasting during the month of Ramadan.
5. Hajj – Making a Pilgrimage to Mecca (At least Once in your life-time).
These five pillars are of great importance in IIsla as it establishes a core foundation of our beliefs.
Islam came to reform human society and to distinguish the good from the bad as well as abrogating the previous the scriptures.
Islam is a complete way of life that governs all facets of life, moral, spiritual, political, economical, intellectual etc.
It establishes peace and order and creates a very strong ethical and spiritual society on earth.
The ‘religion’ and ‘way of life’ is to bring the human being back to the natural state that is was originally created in; that of humility, piety, peace and submission.
Islam’s purpose is to save mankind from the anguish of this world and the here-after.
Islam calls people away from the worship of creation and instead calls them towards the worship of the Creator. Uniting us one banner of monotheism.
Islam provides many virtues for individuals and society. These 4 benefits are the main assets gained through Islam:
1. The door to eternal paradise – The Quran has said ‘And give good news (O Muhammad) to those who believe and do good deeds that they will have gardens (paradise) in which rivers flow..’ (Quran 2:25).
The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has said that the lowest in rank among the dwellers of paradise will have ten times the like of this world, and he or she will have whatever he or she desires and ten times like it.
If you enter paradise, you will live a very happy life without any sickness, pain, sadness or death.
The inhabitants of paradise will dwell in eternity and blissfully happy knowing that your Lord is pleased with you.
2. Salvation from Hellfire.
This life is the only chance to win paradise and to escape from Hellfire, because if someone dies in disbelief he will not have a chance to come back to this world to believe.
3. Real happiness and inner peace.
Real happiness and peace can be found in submitting to the command and will of Allah, the Creator and Sustainer of this world.
On the other hand, the one who turns away from the Quran will have a life of hardship in this world.
This is an explanation of why many people commit suicide as they turn to materials and money for comfort.
Money is something that can’t buy happiness or inner peace. It is only gained through Islam.
Look at Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam) He used to earn $150,000 in one night performing, after turning to Islam, he found true happiness and peace, which he had not found in material success.
4. Forgiveness for all previous sins.
When reverting to Islam, all of your past sins are completely wiped away. Your journey to Islam will begin as if you were a new born baby and once the shahadah (declaration of faith) is uttered, you will then be accountable for the good and bad deeds of your actions.
The results are pretty obvious.
You get self-satisfaction and your life changes for the better.
You gain inner peace and happiness that no other thing on earth can give you.
A ticket to Paradise awaits for you and by Allah’s will, protected from Hellfire
Through dhikr ( remembrance of Allah), wudhu, (ablution) and prayer, you are keeping yourself physically, mentally and spiritually pure.
You are constantly in touch with Allah and your soul is fed.
You are at peace with yourself.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|